SCN: Re: OPS: w3m ...

Gianni Truzzi gtruzzi at scn.org
Wed Feb 23 14:48:32 PST 2000

Joe Mabel wrote:

> If SCN's decision not to fundraise from corporations and to focus on a
> volunteer
> staff leads directly to this sort of consequence, I think this consequence
> calls that decision into question.

Allow me to correct this mistaken belief. The Board of SCNA has NOT made any such
decision. In fact, we expect to begin soliciting corporate and foundation funding
rather vigorously in the coming months. However, that kind of fundraising effort
has taken a back seat to other efforts for which it would be prerequisite. It's
simply been a matter of allocating resources. Much like the situation in the
Operations group.

Like Rhodes, the Board would welcome any offer of knowledgeable help from the
membership to get done everything that needs doing.

-- Gianni