SCN: Introducing Wade Englund, SCNA's new VISTA!

Steve and Melissa Guest guests at scn.org
Sat Jul 8 17:44:27 PDT 2000

We are pleased to be able to welcome Wade Englund, just hired as SCNA's
VISTA volunteer for the Education Program.  Already Wade has impressed us
with his intense desire to support the work SCNA is doing, and to help
however he can.  You can see his resume by viewing
http://www.aros.net/~wenglund/wade.htm.

His first and main focus will be on the significant improvements in our
education program that the City's Tech Matching Fund is supporting
(including the funding for Wade's position).  Beyond achieving the
"deliverables" required by the grant, he will be working extensively on
making our education program truly valuable to the community.  So if you
suggested that you might teach on one of our classes, expect a call from
him.

He will be working with ExComm and representing the Education team to that
committee.  He is reporting to Steve, and working out of the Neighborhood
Networks Consortium (NNC) office in downtown Seattle.

If you have any questions regarding Wade's work and how it relates to what
you're doing, please contact Steve by phone at (425) 653 7353 or by email
to guests at scn.org or steveg at scn.org

For your information, VISTA stands for Volunteers in Service to America,
and is a government program, akin to Peace Corp but internal to the US.
As an AmeriCorps VISTA, Wade has committed to one year of full-time work
in exchange for a paltry living stipend.  From more general info about
AmeriCorps or VISTA, check out http://www.americorps.org/vista/

If you want to introduce yourself to Wade, please send him email at
bp760 at scn.org, or call the NNC office at (206) 287-4484.

Wade - welcome!  We're overjoyed to have your help!

 - Steve & Melissa Guest

Melissa & Steve Guest, Co-Presidents           email: guests at scn.org
Seattle Community Network Assoc.                  ph: (425) 653 7353
http://www.scn.org/scna                              8am to 11pm PST

"Bringing People & Communities Together with Free Internet Services"