SCN: A modest proposal

Al Boss alboss at scn.org
Thu Jun 29 15:40:54 PDT 2000

Bloody hell.

Rich, I'd personally give you ten dollars if you'd drop the lawsuit and
find a new volunteer home where you can invest your energy in a more
positive fashion. Anyone else want to pitch in?

If it's not about the money, however, then it's time for the King County
Dispute Resolution Center. No cost to Rich or to SCN for the service.
I'll even make the first phone call for you if you want. Are both
parties, Rich and whoever you've filed suit against, willing to publicly
commit to working with an impartial, third-party mediator? (That
includes making and keeping appointments, following through,
cooperating, and accepting the outcome. I wasn't kidding when I used the
words "working" and "commit".) So, folks, are you up for this? Yes or
no?

"Yes, but..." = "no" as far as I'm concerned. There's a world of reasons
why mediation won't work, and only one reason why it would--because we
all agree to consider pursuing a reasonable possible outcome for SCN,
SCNA, Rich, the Board, and all of us who have been and continue to be
affected by this morass.

More info on the Dispute Resolution Center is available at:

http://www.ci.seattle.wa.us/crisisclinic/lev3/svcdtail.asp?ServiceNo=5510&AgencyNo=1405