SCN: New Web Pages

Kenneth Applegate starsrus at scn.org
Tue Mar 21 13:16:40 PST 2000

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, Rod Clark wrote:

>    There was relatively little feedback about the test site, but
> what little there was was very good feedback. Almost none of the
> comments that people are making now would ever have surfaced,
> though, if it hadn't moved to a live site, because most of the
> people giving feedback now couldn't have been expected to take
> the time to participate in a test program, and didn't.

As in "What test site?" Accessible to what subset of SCN users? Was there
an announcement about it? [Admittedly, it may have been buried somewhere
in with my huge mass of OPS list email :>) ]. I agree that it is hard to
get user comments on test pages, but it seems as if you had put a nice
prominent link on the old SCN main page, like "Click Here to Try Out and
Comment On the New Face of SCN!!!", you probably would have gotten a fair
amount of feedback.

Ken Applegate

Ken Applegate           How do you identify astronomers from Seattle?
<starsrus at scn.org>      By the windshield wipers on their telescopes!