SCN: Re: Logos (fwd)

Scot Harkins on scn.org scoth at scn.org
Tue Aug 21 21:30:07 PDT 2001

Sure.  It looks like the SirCam worm/virus that made the rounds in July.
Since you're using Pine you're not affected.  The person/people who emailed
you have the virus.  They need to get the cleanup tool from McAfee's
website.  It's specifically for SirCam.  I wish I had used it first, 'coz
the hot-off-the-press extra.dat from McAfee didn't fix the registry, leading
me to a couple of days of creative fixing.

Scot

--
Scot Harkins (KA5KDU)
Greenbank, WA         | Native Texan firmly planted in Western Washington