SCN: SCN site and logo redesign

Kenneth Applegate starsrus at scn.org
Thu Aug 30 00:11:27 PDT 2001

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, patrick wrote:

> Can we get away with putting all links in each Community on one page? Unless it
> is a Community page that is so big and fractured that it need/make sense to be
> broken into two or three sections.

That is pretty much the way the original SCN Community pages were set up.
They consisted mainly of links to community organizations that had web
sites on SCN or were local. Not much in the way of links to informational
web sites. I think it is valid, and a community service to have the
informational links, BUT perhaps they should be collected under another
Resources area, with subdivisions paralleling the Community pages.

Ken

> Who's to keep topic editors from changing this in each Community? Except that
> we are short on topic editors...
>
> Patrick

Ken Applegate           How do you identify astronomers from Seattle?
<starsrus at scn.org>      By the windshield wipers on their telescopes!