SCN: SCN site and logo redesign

Lois Beedle ljbeedle at scn.org
Thu Aug 30 12:14:52 PDT 2001

>   On each main Community subject menu, you can always find a
list of the SCN sites in that subject area. It is always the
first thing listed in the menu links that you mentioned, at the
top of the page. This is consistent on every menu. That link
jumps to the detailed SCN sites list that immediately follows
the page-top category links.

>Rod Clark

Apparently you are assuming that the visitor knows the difference between
pages hosted  by scn and those just linked.  The folks who contact me
appear not to know.

With lynx when I go to 'web', 'community' I don't see any headers that
would indicate any of the pages I edit in bold.  I do see the link to
sites hosted by scn.

By going to web, community., 'civic', then I need to know to go to
'nonprofit' and then I find Telephone Pioneers of America, Washington
Chapter, this involves scrolling down several pages with lynx.

To get to university christian church I have to go to community,
spirituality, Christianity, Christian Churches, Disciples of Christ.

>From community, Science and Technology, and by scrolling to the second
page I find the museum.  This is the easiest one to find it turns out.

I don't find any of these listed in bold at the top of any page.  Where
are you looking?  Were you talking about the sites hosted by scn link
page?

My suggestion is just that we take a look at the menu from the new
visitors view and make things easy to find.  Especially those sites that
we host.  And that we keep in mind that the visitor may not know what we
are talking about when we say scn hosted sites.

Lois

Dip it in chocolate, it'll be fine.