SCN: SCN site and logo redesign

Rod Clark bb615 at scn.org
Thu Aug 30 14:58:49 PDT 2001

> OK - we are NOT on the same page. I see that you are referring to the
>
> /www.scn.org/community/ page, while I have been referring to the subtopic
> pages on the sidebar menu.

Ken,

   That referred instead to the layout of the 18 main Community
topic menu pages. Each of them does have all of the SCN hosted
sites in the topic area prominently displayed on the front page
of the topic menu.

   I do see what you're saying, that the SCN site has become
large enough and the menus are so full of various local content
that the Information Providers aren't nearly the only thing that
the viewer's eye is directed to. Sometimes it takes more than
one try to find a specific site on the menus, and I've had to
make two or even three tries sometimes myself for some of them.
This is pretty endemic on larger menu-based sites in general.
Maybe sometimes it would be easier to just type in the name in
the Search box. A search box is on every page on the site, for
just that purpose.

Rod Clark