SCN: site redesign update

patrick clariun at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 8 13:58:03 PST 2001

Hello everyone,

I wanted to provide a brief update on the SCN site redesign.

I met with a web site designer and his intern a couple of weeks ago
to discuss SCN's site redesign.

There will be a mock-up site available by Christmas. It will be three
layers deep (scn/community/community page).

Implementation of the new site is targeted for mid-January.

Basically, not a whole heck of a lot will change. It won't be
drastic, no need for that.

There will be three columns on the homepage, nav bar to right, SCN
original content bar on left. The nav bars on the other pages will be
more specific to those other areas of SCN and there will be two
columns on those other pages as there is now.

Javascript will be implemented for creating stylesheets so there will
be more consistency and less work for those updating SCN's pages.

Better clarity (organization) will be brought to the nav bars.

Stock professional duo-tone photos of people may be available for
SCN's pages.

More information to come. Hold tight. The information I provided
above is a very general synopsis of the discussions at the meeting.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know or post a
message on the SCN message boards (link is on the SCN homepage under
"Featured Sites").

Thanks,
Patrick
Seattle Community Network