SCN: SCN message board added

patrick clariun at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 9 09:15:03 PST 2001

Michael,

As I said, EZBoards is temporary until we get something installed on
SCN. EZBoards is a fine service. It is just that you get what you pay
for. If you pay, you get no ads. Sounds like a viable economical
model to me.

The message boards you describe are Usenet groups. The are distinctly
different. A Usenet group is not a message board. And many people
would not use the Usenet groups since most people are simply web
surfers, so a message board is a better idea. And unlike a Usenet
group, a message board allows you to see all of the posts, not just
one reply after another.

Thank you for replying. User input is much appreciated.

Patrick