SCN: Re: OPS: Is SCN going down?

Randy Groves randy at scn.org
Mon Mar 5 08:49:36 PST 2001

(Excomm and board members, please correct any factual mistakes!)

I didn't realize until your note that the we (all of us involved with SCN)
haven't communicated about this issue, or if we have, we haven't spread it
far and wide enough.

SCN is NOT going away when Seattle Public Library's central branch goes
under the wrecking ball.  We will be moving WITH the library to their
temporary location, and donations willing and the creek don't rise, we
will be moving back to the new facility.

Plans are being made and acted upon to make the move as painless as
possible.  There may be (probably will be) some short outage at the actual
time of the move, but we are working hard to make that time as short as
possible.

-randy