SCN: Re: WEB: Top Priority - Topic Editors

er-chan er-chan at scn.org
Sat Nov 10 00:50:22 PST 2001

Hello owner-webmasters at scn.org  (On 11/09/01,7:35pm,you wrote Re: WEB: Top...

p> I wanted to make this opportunity to let everyone know that topic
p> editors are in great need. If you can take on a topic editor task or
p> if you want an additional one (Ken? Lois?), then please let me know.
p>
p> As far as I know, there are only two topic editors for all of the
p> community pages. Ken is managing the Science/Tech community page and
p> Lois is managing the Spirituality page.
p>
p> Please speak up if you have a community you are taking care of.
p> Otherwise, as far as I know, the other pages are not being managed.
p>
p> Management takes little time. Its checking new sites that have been
p> added to SCN's hosting services and seeing that they comply by being
p> Lynx-compatible and surfing the web and looking for new links that
p> can be added to SCN's site. Also, checking to see that current links
p> work (apparently, there is software that will do this for you, Mac or
p> PC).
p>
p> Also, I think it would be neat if we could get topic editors to get
p> other sites hosted on SCN.
p>
p> The key is to make SCN centric to the Seattle community.
p>
p> To go off on a broader scope, the key is to work on getting SCN's
p> nucleus formulated and implemented, then working from there.
p>
p> Thanks,
p> Patrick
p>
p> =====
p> Patrick Fisher
p> Webmaster
p> http://www.scn.org
p> Seattle Community Network
p> "Powering Our Communities with Technology"
p> Energy and persistence conquer all thing. -- Benjamin Franklin

 I would like to be topic editor of Health menu
I have done it before, know HTML and it looks good on my resume.
I tend to collect lots and lots of links, for which it might be
good to have a method to sort them or search them, which I could
program or script.
        er-chan at scn.org
p>
p> __________________________________________________
p> Do You Yahoo!?
p> Find a job, post your resume.
p> http://careers.yahoo.com
p> * * * * * * * * * * * * * *  From the Listowner  * * * * * * * * * * * *
p> .	To unsubscribe from this list, send a message to:
p> majordomo at scn.org		In the body of the message, type:
p> unsubscribe webmasters
p> Messages posted on this list are available on the Web at:
p> http://www.scn.org/volunteers/webmasters/webmasters-l/
p>

      elaineRchan (-  at gmx.net   \ /           ((_))        | _|
         `----\--\'    _-_          |         hotmail.com    / \  \o