SCN: Top Priority - Topic Editors

patrick clariun at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 9 19:35:20 PST 2001

I wanted to make this opportunity to let everyone know that topic
editors are in great need. If you can take on a topic editor task or
if you want an additional one (Ken? Lois?), then please let me know.

As far as I know, there are only two topic editors for all of the
community pages. Ken is managing the Science/Tech community page and
Lois is managing the Spirituality page.

Please speak up if you have a community you are taking care of.
Otherwise, as far as I know, the other pages are not being managed.

Management takes little time. Its checking new sites that have been
added to SCN's hosting services and seeing that they comply by being
Lynx-compatible and surfing the web and looking for new links that
can be added to SCN's site. Also, checking to see that current links
work (apparently, there is software that will do this for you, Mac or
PC).

Also, I think it would be neat if we could get topic editors to get
other sites hosted on SCN.

The key is to make SCN centric to the Seattle community.

To go off on a broader scope, the key is to work on getting SCN's
nucleus formulated and implemented, then working from there.

Thanks,
Patrick

=====
Patrick Fisher
Webmaster
http://www.scn.org
Seattle Community Network
"Powering Our Communities with Technology"
Energy and persistence conquer all thing. -- Benjamin Franklin