SCN: Homestead - no more free websites

patrick clariun at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 30 15:20:37 PST 2001

Randy,

What I mean is: If someone walked in off the street wanted an SCN
account and website, they could have one for free. Such as in:

http://www.scn.org/~heidimo/

This person has a free website on SCN. That is the scope of my
definition.

When I mean free, they can have a site and other people can go to it.
But they will have hell to pay when doing file transfers. So it may
as well be free. Or free, but not worth it, because everyday users
don't have ftp access.

So wouldn't it be great if SCN had FTP for the average Joe. If the
SCN hosting was done elsewhere, could we have secure FTP that way?

Patrick