SCN: websites to feature

Doug Schuler douglas
Tue Sep 4 17:08:54 PDT 2001

The question has come up about which web sites to feature
and which web sites should be mentioned on our web site.

I find myself agreeing with Rod about the inclusion of the
non-Christian sites on our website even if they don't have
web pages on our site.  It's difficult to make the claim
of being a *community network* if we only mention "our"
pages.  Maybe the policy should be that we have to mention
"our" pages and we probably should mention other pages
especcially when diversity is lackikng in ours.  As for
highlighting pages on the (soon to be reincarnated) content
on the front page I'd suggest that we strive for diversity
of content areas each time. Say, one page from education, one from
civic, one from neighborhood, etc.  IN this area I'd also hope
that we would NOT be limited to "our" pages.  I'd sugest
Real Change, the IMC, public theater, etc.

Speaking of content...  did we quietly disappear commercial pages
and individual pages?  Rather than wait for an answer I'll
venture my opinion that if we did ban them then that was a
mistake...

-- Doug