SCN: SCN sidebar order and organization - input requested

patrick clariun at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 5 15:03:59 PDT 2001

SCN is going to be reorganizing the links in the sidebar that appears on each
page at SCN.

Also, some links should be absorbed into other links.

Also, there is the issue of grouping links. Possibly by color. Or simply by
spacing.

And then there are the buttons. Rod has done a great job of organizing the
buttons in recent months, adding, improving, deleting. As you will see,
Netsearch no longer exists. It was determined that SCN should be a destination,
not a portal to the rest of the world. Yahoo and everyone else can have that
job.

As for the links, if you look on the front page you will see that we have the
following links: "Contribute", "Volunteering for SCN" and "Volunteers".

These three can be grouped. We can add "Donors" as well to the group. And
rename "Volunteers" to "General Volunteering" (or whatever) to distinguish it
from SCN. Or merge Volunteers with Volunteering for SCN.

Do we have the buttons we want? Do they need to be renamed? Do the words on the
buttons convey what we want to get across - instantly.

I wish I could have broken the mail off and took on separate little topics, but
everything relates to everything else, buttons to links.

How about colors to divide the parts? Or maybe use horizontal rules or simple
spacing (and indenting for the subgroups).

Patrick