SCN: Re:re evaluate ethics: link suggestion - Seattle Red Cross

J. Johnson jj at scn.org
Thu Sep 13 18:27:08 PDT 2001

On Wed, 12 Sep 2001, er-chan wrote:

> I propose we purge all our websites of links to hate groups.  ...

  And perhaps intern them?

  Before anyone gets carried away in the passions of the moment, lets have
a reality check:  First, do we even have any links to "hate groups"?

  Second, what is the point in removing such links?  Is it really wise to
suppress the evidences and signs that entire populations in this world
hate America?  Given the impossibility of walling off America from the
rest of the world, would it not be better to come to grips with _why_ so
many people have such hate, and deal with the core issues?