SCN: A "thumbs-up" for SCN - update

patrick clariun at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 16 14:58:40 PDT 2001

I wanted to provide an update on SCN.

A great deal is going on with the site. Things do not happen
overnight and such is the case with SCN. Volunteers are putting in a
great deal of time and work into getting SCN to it's next stage.

Besides the wonderful job that was done with the move from the old
library to the new temporary library:

SCN is getting a new look: The website is going to look very nice. I
am working with the board and the other volunteers and the graphics
guru, Hugh Miller" to create a site look that will make it quite
appealing.

SCN is getting an updated logo: This is an issue with everyone. A big
issue. We are working on getting a new logo based on designs created
by Hugh, by others outside of SCN and from input from anyone who
wants to give input. (A side note: There will be a number of logos
put up on SCN for people to make comments on. One logo that is yet to
be done: One that is based on the elements of the current logo.)

SCN is working on getting content: We have a number of ideas for
people to provide content. I have some ideas that I have wanted to
implement. One of those is Seazine. Now with my scheduled freed up
quite a bit, I am going to give that a lot of attention.

A great deal is going on. I hope that people can provide their input,
create content, and know that SCN is going to be a great place. A
great destination.

SCN is incredible. I love the local links. There is nothing like it
anywhere else in the Seattle area. Indespensible. People can be
critical all they want of SCN, but it is a gem in the local online
world.

We can make it a much better place. I hope we can all focus on doing
what we can do with the site. We have a lot of capable and wonderful
volunteers who have made SCN great.

Patrick
Webmaster/Web Team Coordinator