SCN: "Why is there nothing..."

Rod Clark bb615 at scn.org
Wed Sep 19 02:08:54 PDT 2001

On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, Joe Mabel wrote:

> If someone could find some genuinely excellent - or
> significantly Seattle-related - content related to the events
> of September 11, I'm all for posting/linking.

Joe and JJ,

   There are local sites about what happened to people's friends
and relatives in New York. Please post the URLs of any we should
link to.

   There's a lot less about local ties to people on the other
end of all this, on the other side of the world. There are
people in Seattle who personally know about places like
Afghanistan, because people have come here from there, but
little to none of that is on the local Net.

   On Friday, Sept. 21, the Afghan Council of Washington will
hold a public discussion in Seattle. That's on the What's New
page. But there's no Web site that I know of. There weren't any
local Afghani community sites a year ago and there still aren't.
If you can find some local Afghani or Pakistani or other sites
that give a perspective on this, please post them as well.

Rod Clark