SCN: Re: WEB: Re: Thanks for your input

Rod Clark bb615 at scn.org
Wed Sep 19 23:56:50 PDT 2001

Patrick Fisher wrote:

> Seattle Community Access
> http://www.scn.org
> "Empowering the Community with Technology"

Patrick,

   Please be a bit careful with the name. The "Seattle Community
Access Network" is Channel 77 cable access TV. SCN is "Seattle
Community Network." People might not realize that there's no
connection.

   There was some discussion about using the word "empowering"
in the slogan, as a result of which the word "empowering" was
banished for life to the wastes of Siberia. The slogan is
"Powering our communities with technology."

   Below is what I sent you last month about the stamp logo vs.
the yuppie-runner logo, when Studio30 included the latter in a
set of six logo designs, with one other very similar "runner"
design and four simpler geometrical designs.

   In the list below of things that the stamp logo represents,
tell me how many of them your friend's yuppie-runner logo
evokes:

-----