SCN: Re: Re: principles

Steve Guest steve at groupworks.org
Mon Apr 1 13:09:07 PST 2002

Doug
Still a personal view

Actually reading your email makes me believe we are exactly the same page
here.  When I wanted to change them my aim was to broaden them and not
weaken them.  So, I believe that I see them exactly as you seem to.

My concern was that people would read them not as ideals but as promissory
commitments.  I have been getting several users asking why we were not
fulfilling ALL the principles and by not doing so, SCN was failing.

One of my aims is to try for a stable long term vision and to get the focus
off the day-to-day management.
Steve