SCN: general meetings

patrick fisher clariun at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 2 19:39:07 PST 2002

I wanted to say that the general meetings are getting better each time. Attendance
is increasing, even though we had only SCN volunteers last time.

I feel a great deal of the increasing success of the meetings is the fact that the
meetings are being held regularly and consistency. And the meetings are being
promoted, being mentioned at least twice, about a week before and a couple of days
before, on the scn at scn.org forum.

And people are reading the webmaster notes page. I'm getting feedback from people
who are pleased that they are being informed about what is going on at SCN. Some of
the feedback is from people and organizations who are thinking of hosting on SCN.
Some feedback and questions from webmasters of other freenets.

It's quite nice to know that a stirring is going on. That we are starting to see the
fruits of our labor.

I'm focusing on making SCN the portal that people come to when they want to find out
what is happening in the community. Communities.  SCN has some pretty cool links
that the other Seattle portals don't carry. And it's nice (NICE) to go to a portal
and not see distracting ads that seem to effectively water down the content on those
sites. Okay, I'm thinking of Seattle Insider, specifically.

I'm really looking forward to having original content on SCN. Reporting. Reflections
on the life in this part of the world. Heck, I look forward to chronicling the
things I do in the community: Places I go with my daughters, my digital camera
firmly planted in my hand. Easter egg hunts at local community centers, Greenwood
business district Halloween trick-or-treating during the day, profiling of local
businesses that add color and excitement to the community, such as the one by me
called GotRocks.

Patrick

PS: GotRocks is simply one of the most incredible shops I have ever been to. I
bought my oldest daughter a 45 million year old fish fossil in sandstone at this
shop. A nice, little present at an affordable $15. Okay, they charged me 2 bucks for
the stand, but they nicely packaged it in a gift box and gift wrap.

=====
Webmaster
Seattle Community Network
http://www.scn.org
"Powering our communities with technology"