SCN: Re: AT&T Broadband

Scot Harkins on SCN scoth at scn.org
Sat Apr 6 19:03:22 PST 2002

I'm with Jim's recommendation.  Where I am "basic cable" is $49/month from
Millenium (now bought by yet somebody else).  A good antenna from Radio
Shack is all I need, along with my VCR and DVD.  I don't get things like the
History Channel and A&E, but I have my monthly Discover, Scientific
American, National Geo, Readers' Digest, Mother Earth News and Texas Monthly
to make up the difference.  Add to that the PBS fodder (News Hour, SciAm
Frontiers, Nova, Frontline, Red Green, etc.) and who needs cable?

If you get a long-range antenna with motor from Radio Shack you can pick up
stations in Victoria, Vancouver (BC), Bellingham and, of course, Tacoma
(their PBS station rocks).  All that can be done for the price of a few
months of "basic cable".  What happens after 2006, of course, is another
matter (HDTV supplants NTSC-TV).

sh

--
Scot Harkins (KA5KDU)