SCN: Correlation between drug use and terrorism

Patrick Fisher clariun at scn.org
Tue Apr 9 19:57:13 PDT 2002

I can't believe this:

Drugs and Terror: Understanding the Link and the Impact on America

"It's so important for Americans to know that the traffic in drugs
finances the work of terror, sustaining terrorists, that terrorists use
drug profits to fund their cells to commit acts of murder. If you quit
drugs, you join the fight against terror in America."
President George W. Bush

There is an undeniable link between acts of terror and illicit drugs. Law
enforcement officials around the world have long recognized this close
connection, but a changing world and recent events have made this link
more relevant in the daily lives of all Americans. The bottom line is
simple: terror and drug groups are linked in a mutually-beneficial
relationship by money, tactics, geography and politics. Americans must
understand that our individual choices about illicit drug use have the
power to support or undermine our nation's war on terrorism.

http://www.theantidrug.com/drugs_terror/understanding_impact.html

There is always some kind of link to anything. Is someone who is hooked
and loaded on heroin really going to go to this site and get real
patriotic and quit?

It's a stretch.
 Patrick
Webmaster
Seattle Community Network
http://www.scn.org
"Powering our communities with technology"