SCN: telnet access on Eastside

Bill Scott bk846 at scn.org
Mon Apr 29 18:07:25 PDT 2002

You can get to SCN from the KCLS website main page. From www.kcls.org
click on infonet catalog which takes you to LYNX. once you are in you can
go direct to the SCN login - can't look now from where I am but I think it
says gateways ( about number 15 or 16 on the catalog options) gives access
to SCN, SPL & some other things. Similar to using the dial-in to SPL-
doesn't give you access to telnet to everywhere but it does take you into
SCN.

I tried it a few minutes ago and it does work. Basically the same screen
as "telnet login" on the SCN page. You can get to Infonet from the main
kcls web page and can also access the gateways on the catalog terminals at
the Kent Regional Library ( & probably also some of the larger branches
like Bellevue Regional ).

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Rod Clark wrote:

> > I called the King County Library System and they said that they disabled
> > telnet because of security concerns.
>
> Patrick,
>
>    So has at least one of the larger Parks Dept. community
> center computer labs, as of last week. No more telnet = no more
> Pine folders for SCN e-mail users.
>
> Rod Clark

Bill Scott
bk846 at scn.org