SCN: question

J. Johnson jj at scn.org
Sat Feb 2 15:52:46 PST 2002

Because of accumulated problems with the underlying structure of the
system, and because we have not been able to muster enough _technically
competent_ and _reliable_ volunteer effort to make the necessary changes.

Because of services and software having been added haphazardly, without
documentation nor regard for other aspects of system operation, making it
become increasingly difficult to add (or change) any services at all.

Because any attempt to change or otherwise address the underlying problems
is strongly resisted by a few who view the imposition of any kind of
requirements or discipline as an infringement of their self-granted
rights.

And because we do have higher priorities.  For instance, my current
priortized list of unfinished SCN tasks runs to over a hundred.  And
"message board"  doesn't even make it on the list!