SCN: Update: SCN site redesign link

Lorraine Pozzi femme2 at scn.org
Tue Feb 26 22:07:13 PST 2002

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Doug Schuler wrote:

> Hi, Patrick and everybody else...
>
> You won't be surprised (I guess) to learn that I don't like
> the new logos.   I vote for a cleaned up version of the
> logo we've always had.  I don't see any need for a new one and
> I'm not clear as to who authorized this in the first place.

Doug will be surprised to find that I agree with him.

I didn't like the logo at first.  As a logo, it still lacks
"finish" - but is that what SCN is about?  Slick marketing?
I think we are better served by something that looks a little
handmade.  And now that it's been around for years and years,
it has taken on an identity that the suggested versions
certainly lack.  Largely thanks to Doug, it has traveled
around the world and appears on t-shirts, publicatoins, and
of course has been an identifier for our very own Web
presence.

I understand that some funders find it too quaint - but I think
that the major objections that funders have is not with a
logo but with more substantive matters - such as, how does
the organization serve the community?  What data can you provide
that shows some significant benefit to your users?

And finally - I don't see anything in the suggested "improvements"
that is so eye-catching and significant that an "upgrade" is
desirable.

My $.01 worth.

Lorraine Pozzi
femme2 at scn.org