SCN: building wireless community networks

patrick clariun at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 8 13:06:39 PST 2002

Joe,

Was this answered already? I've had a hectic day/week:

http://www.seattlewireless.net

There is not much to having a wireless network. If you have a WiFi or
Apple AirPort card installed in your computer, then get onto a DSL
connection, you can have about 50 people logging into your DSL
connection. That is it, more or less.

So it is a matter of organizing people to volunteer to have their
machine set up to be a wireless station while people can securely tap
into the pipe.

Patrick