Propriety (was: BD: Re: SCN: "Free-Nets" in Los Angeles Times)

patrick clariun at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 18 09:49:48 PST 2002

Al,

Please, first, take what I said at face value. I'm not one for
splitting hairs, nor writing extensively to explain each and every
nuance of what adjectives that I use. Please be fairly liberal in
your interpretation of what I write. "Fairly" is the operative word.

Second, I did a 'reply all' to your response, so the board was
included. Whoever included the board, well, I don't know. I thought
it was you, but it doesn't really matter. That is why the board got
my response. I didn't feel it was necessary, but whoever started the
thread, well they felt it was necessary.

Third, as I had already explained, SCN is a grassroots organizati9on.
And it is there to represent those who are not usually represented in
teh mainstream media, web sites, or other avenues of exposure. And I
feel that SCN is for those who need or want free internet access by
whatever means we can provide. So SCN does have a focus and it tends
toward internet access for all.

That is why I continued the discussion of low-cost internet service
on teh scn at scn.org list: First to get suggestions and input on this
topic, and to make people aware of what is available.

As for the word "sucks", this from Merriam-Webster:

slang : to be objectionable or inadequate <"people who went said it
sucked" -- H. S. Thompson>.

Patrick