SCN: logo ideas

Terry Trimingham ttrim at scn.org
Wed Mar 6 09:25:47 PST 2002

I agree with Doug on this one.

SCN was created to allow all people access to technology. "Democratic
technology for all." It is still true, we still allow the have-nots access
to the internet.

On the other hand, we are archaic, klunky, and hard to use compared to
most technology available today. "Powering our communities with
technology" implies that we have something slick to offer, and we don't. I
think it is VERY misleading to use this phrase as our slogan.

And, I agree with Joe. There are so many other things wrong with SCN than
the logo and the slogan, it would be better to focus on those things,
rather than try to "fix" something that hasn't yet broken.

Terry