SCN: "cleaned up" logos

patrick fisher clariun at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 7 11:32:32 PST 2002

Doug,

Thank you for the link to the logos. I've passed them along to the appropriate
"authorities", in case they are not subscribed to this list.

There is good change that the site update can occur without a new logo. Or perhaps
there will be an interim logo. I will get more information on this.

However, the site update is going to take time (this is aside from a logo) and that
should take place without regard to whether the logo has been accepted.

I will have more information in two weeks after the board meeting. I am not on the
board, but if you have some comments that you would like sent to the board in
regards to logo or design, please let me know ASAP.

If you feel that the site redesign can go ahead without the logo being implemented
at this time, then please let me know.

As a side note, people in the past have thought the following of teh cdurrent logo,
besides the fact that it needed to be cleaned up: That the Space Needle, in its
position, was too phallic (that one surprised me) and should be set further apart
from Mercury. One other main comment was that Mercury's limbs were not proportional.
His arms are too long and his legs are too short. So short you wonder if he is
emaciated.

I must admit, I do like the styling of the SCN logo. That is my own personal
opinion. I like the character there, the Space Needle. I do feel it should be
completely redone, but with all the current elements.

The center logos that you have looks pretty good, but it is still too pixelated, adn
there are the issues I presented (passed along) above.

Patrick
That's all for now.

--- Doug Schuler <douglas at scn.org> wrote:
> Noriko Okazaki spent some time "cleaning up" the scn logo.
> The work is displayed at http://www.scn.org/commnet/logos.html.
>
> -- Doug

=====
Webmaster
Seattle Community Network
http://www.scn.org
"Powering our communities with technology"