SCN: government website accessibility

Lorraine Pozzi femme2 at speakeasy.org
Tue Mar 26 17:36:56 PST 2002

As I understand it, governmental sites are supposed to be available
to people with various disabilities - so a plain text version should
be accessible.  Blind people, among others, use the Internet in
some surprising ways.  They've lobbied hard for access in a graphical
environment.  So if the site doesn't work - maybe a note to the Web-
master (person) pointing out violation of the ADA regs would be
useful.

Lorraine