SCN: Windows FTP programs

J. Johnson jj at scn.org
Thu Mar 28 00:18:32 PST 2002

The particular problem that was referred to me has nothing to do with the
ftp client being Windows based, and is not really an 'ftp' problem at all.
(And ftp problems have NOTHING to do with the new _web_ server going
up--there is no connection at all, unless it be that all the resources
going into web services starves ftp of support.)

In general we do not allow users to ftp from the outside; that is one
cause of the ftp '530' error. Exceptions are made--I believe for IPs--but
I do not know if there is any definite policy or procedure.  If anyone can
advise me of any such policy or procedure I'd be pleased to hear it.