SCN: Re: your mail

Doug Schuler douglas at scn.org
Sun Mar 31 21:14:00 PST 2002

Thanks for your note Patrick.

To me each statement in the principles suggests quite a number
of possible things that SCN could do.  I realize that limited
resources (money, time, personel, etc.) doesn't allow us to
do everything it could but I don't think that should prevent
us from thinking creatively about new projects, etc.

I do want to point out something in your note that I think
I'd quibble with.  YOu say, what "specific technologies
do you suggest?" To me that's not quite the right question
because it suggests that SCN addresses problems with
technology alone.  I hope that we never forget that SCN
looks towards addressing things in ways that are SOCIAL +
TECHNOLOGICAL!  That is the only way that we could ever make
any progess with our principles.

-- Doug

   *     SHAPING THE NETWORK SOCIETY                                *
   *          Patterns for Participation, Action, and Change        *
   *                  http://www.cpsr.org/conferences/diac02        *
   * Tomorrow's information and communication infrastructure        *
   *   is being shaped today.                                       *
   *                              But by whom and to what ends?     *
   * Questions: diac02-info at cpsr.org                                *