SCN: Fw: 911 Peace Coalition Action Alert

emailer1 emailer1 at netzero.net
Mon May 20 17:40:18 PDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: Fred Miller
To: mailto:Undisclosed-Recipient:@scn.org
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 11:32 PM
Subject: 911 Peace Coalition Action Alert

Dear Friend,

Please contact Senator Patty Murray, who is a member
of the Energy and Water Subcommittee of the Senate Appropriations Committee.
In the strongest terms possible, please ask her to oppose the idea of
"usable" nuclear weapons and to cut funding from the Energy Department
budget for the new nuclear warhead called the "Robust Nuclear Earth
Penetrator."  We are asking you to fax this message because mail delivery to
the Congress is still very unreliable, and we have been told by
Congressional staff that e-mails are not always read.  Patty Murray's fax number
is 202-224-0238. Her regular phone is 202 224-2621.

As you may know, recent news accounts report that the Bush Administration
plans to target non- nuclear states with nuclear weapons.  This new nuclear
policy is contained or implicit in the classified "Nuclear Posture Review"
delivered to Congress on January 8, 2002.  It is very important that our
political policy makers understand that most people in the United States do
not find such a policy acceptable.

Please check the Legislative Action Message which was sent out by FCNL for
background information and to send a fax:
<http://capwiz.com/fconl/issues/alert/?alertid=110760&type=CO>.  We are
contacting several thousand people around the country who have
representatives or senators on this or another crucial decision-making
committee in Congress.  Your action will join with many others to make a
difference in the outcome.

We hope you will take part in this crucial campaign to stop the development
of new nuclear weapons.  Senator Murray is key to this decision.  Please
contact her as soon as possible, as we anticipate a vote very soon.

Many thanks for your ongoing support.

Sincerely,
Kathy Guthrie
Field Program Secretary, Friends Committee on National Legislation

Fred Miller
Peace & Justice Alliance