SCN: [4SCNA] SCNA Directors' Meeting -- monthly, 3rd Thurs, 8:00pm, 7/21/2011, 8:00 pm (fwd)

sc at sdf.lonestar.org sc at sdf.lonestar.org
Tue Jul 19 22:08:50 PDT 2011

Earlier I mentioned that on Joel's SCNA group at Yahoo, the SCNA
board was described as meeting every third Thursday at Miller's
office on the Eastside. That no longer appears to be the case.
If anyone was interested in attending, there won't be a meeting
there, but there will be a meeting this Thursday.

Instead, the SCNA board will meet by phone and video
conferencing.

Joel was forthcoming enough to invite people who were interested
in our previous discussion to join the SCNA Yahoo group, and I
see today that there are now 14 members of that group. Even
though I couldn't find a way on Yahoo to list the membership, I
believe that's about twice what the membership was last month,
so that's a positive development.

As far as I can tell, from the SCNA board members listed on the
state paperwork, there are currently two board members, Joel and
Ti.

I have a prior commitment related to the primary election
campaign, and can't be there at the audio/video conference. But
I hope that some of you can, and that things will get resolved
in a good way to appoint or elect additional active board
members and open up SCNA to more volunteer efforts.

The meeting is probably not open to non-invitees, or at least
the SCNA Yahoo group is not open except to invitees. But in the
hope that interested people could ask Joel about participating -
and so far he's been open to inviting people into the Yahoo
group - here's the meeting date and time.

Rod Clark