SCN: SCNA general meeting 6/9.

Ken Gillgren kgillgren at igc.org
Sun Jun 10 11:49:58 PDT 2012

Thanks for the update, JJ, I was hoping to attend but had a last-minute
project deadline I had cover during that time.

I am still interested in keeping up with SCN and exploring options for
its future.

I don't think the issue is so much in the area of technical innovation
or marketable services as it is in addressing the persistent gap in
access and effective use of current/emerging technologies to undergird
broader and more effective civic engagement by the traditionally
disenfranchised, increasingly including immigrant and refugee communities.

I think there are needs that something like SCN could position itself to
address at a lower scale, with greater impact, but probably not in its
current form/structure. And I have no sense of legacy support issues,
that is, SCN's stated or assumed obligations to its legacy constituents,
however many that includes.

Just thinkin...

Thanks,

Ken Gillgren