SCN: SCNA general meeting 6/9.

Randy Groves randy at scn.org
Mon Jun 11 10:01:09 PDT 2012

The idea certainly has potential.  A topic that came up several times at
the meeting and does need to be addressed at some point is that we are
hugely at the mercy of SPL and their network connection.  I was not privy
to any discussions specifically on this issue, but in the past there have
been (via hearsay) statements by the library to the effect that if we start
becoming a drain on the resources, we may be asked to leave.  So that has
to be kept in the back of our minds as we contemplate additional services.
In a way, it would be a positive, though - to become popular enough again
that we pose a dilemma for the library ...

-randy