SCN: scn2 list or this one?

Randy Groves randomgrace at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 08:23:10 PDT 2012

You should have all received an invitation to join a new list called scn2.
The intent of creating a new list was to give all of those on this list a
chance to opt in to a new discussion.  And it was also a vehicle to include
folks who aren't presently on the scn list (for whatever reason).  Also -
the scn2 list is being run on Mailman, which is more dependable, on a
different machine than, and has better mail list management software than
the scn list on Majordomo.

But as Joe Mabel noted - why not just use the scn list?

Fair enough - the other options would have been to canvas this list and get
a vote, or just start using this list, and too bad for the folks who don't
want to participate.  I don't like the second option, but the first
certainly has merit.

So - who on this list thinks that whatever discussions and planning we have
about the future of SCN/SCNA should be held on this list?  Please let me
know by next Thursday (the28th).  If we have a majority that think this is
the venue, I'll invite those that requested to be on a new list to the scn
list.

Does this sound like a reasonable course of action?

-randy