Little red hen

Barbara Weismann bb140 at scn.org
Tue Jun 13 19:07:29 PDT 1995

>From here on out, I suggest that those people who felt so
strongly about elections, free speech, etc., open up and sit
on a committee that meets monthly to formulate the Standard
Operating Procedures of SCN.  Otherwise, meet with Policy.
Or, start writing SOPs yourselves instead of complaining.
Personally I feel that most people in the organization have
ignored this very necessary part of the work, including
the Bylaws, but now want everything ttheir way.  Make it
your way by doing the work.

Also, this kind of horrid exchange is typical of grass
roots organizations attmepitng to do Bylaws and SOPs.
The important part is to not let one group think for
all the rest.  However there is responsibility in
keeping up, knowing the issues, and actaully finding
solutions via research.  Has anyone else read a set
of Bylaws?  Want to start there?
Barb