connection to other freenets

Bob Kwick bobk at cyberspace.com
Sat Jun 17 16:42:44 PDT 1995

| We are currently testing the waters by setting up a few connections to
| other freenets (hoorah!).

  SCN should also consider setting up some connections to some MOO's.
  I haven't used them much, but from what I've seen, they are very
  responsible and constructive chat areas.  There are a lot of good
  ones, inculding one called Diversity MOO, available.  We should
  consider setting up a MOO for the Seattle area on SCN.  If we don't
  have the resources there are other MOO's that will let us use their
  sites to build a Seattle area.  It can be a real-time virtual version
  of the Seattle community.  It could be pretty neat.

  If you want one, Sanford Morton, who is an expert on MOO's, might be
  willing to do a presentation on MOO's for SCN members.  You will need
  to find a meeting place with a telephone line available and room for
  an overhead display.

  Bob