connection to other freenets

Joe Rodgers anansi at scn.org
Sun Jun 18 08:24:24 PDT 1995

>  SCN should also consider setting up some connections to some MOO's.

 MOOs are great. They really add a new dimension to on-line relating, and
make for a richer transaction.

BUT:  I don't want to see us lose focus on the format of SCN, and what
people are really logging on for. It's awfully tempting to try and offer
users every possible service, just because it's internet-related. If SCN
is to have any sort of MOO presence, I'd strongly suggest we pick one,
set up a pointer to it, and leave it at that. If SCN becomes a center for
'games heaven', it's gonna jeapordize our standing with the branch
libraries, who rightly see SCN as just another service, competing with
their catalog.

--
           -=[scn]=- .^,           | anansi