connection to other freenets

Kenneth Gillgren kgillgren at igc.apc.org
Mon Jun 19 10:48:53 PDT 1995

The MOO I've observed (Diversity University) is really not intended to
be a live chat area. It is an open, virtual environment in which
participants can construct cooperative, shared learning environments.
Maybe it would lend itself to a community commons or public square
type setting, but there would need to be a deeper level of support than
SCN may want to provide on its own. I guess that's why I was thinking a
third party (i.e., an IP) with the requisite technical background,
would need to kind of oversee the development of such a service. Maybe
pointers to existing MOOs would be best as an interim step (but the
issue of bandwidth remains--you don't slip into a MOO for a five-minute
break--You go there to spend some time).

Ken