SCN General Meetings

Brandy Williams bwilliam at scn.org
Fri Jan 26 10:08:36 PST 1996

I certainly got my SCN history at new volunteer orientation, which
I actually attended before my first general meeting.  Steve does a
great job of this. Many organizations have an explanatory brochure.
Sounds like a good idea Jim.

Mind you, I do learn more at every meeting, as people jog each
others' memories.  It's also very engaging to watch everyone talk
about how this thing happened.  I think I heard some plans afoot
to record an SCN history.  I've done this with other organizations.
It's highly entertaining to do interviews with people and get
*their* understanding of how the thing came about!  It might be
a good idea to do this--especially now that Aki says she plans
to move on, and while the founding people are more or less still
available.  You'd be amazed how much you can cherish a written
history when the oral history isn't available any more...

--
Brandy Williams
bwilliam at scn.org