ACLU Calendar Time

Aki Namioka namioka at netcom.com
Tue Sep 17 22:33:34 PDT 1996

Hello All,

It is time for the Annual ACLU Calendar fundraiser - O.K. I am a bit late
this year.  As you may recall ACLU-Washington and CPSR/Seattle helped
organize the anti-censorship rally last December.  In addition, the
Harmful to Minors bill raised its ugly head again in Washington State.
With Governor Lowry leaving it is not clear that privacy and free speech
will enjoy the same privilages that it has had in the last few years in this
State.  This is why it is more important than ever that we support
organizations like this.

In the past we have sponsored a page in the ACLU-Washington calendar
project.  I am looking for any donations - recommended is $40.00.

Please let me know if you want to pledge and how much.  I am going to ask
you to send me a check ASAP since I am rather late this year.  It is due
on the 27th.

In return for a contribution of $40  or over, you get an ACLU appointment
book - full of civil liberty quotes and relevant cartoons.  However, this
year the donation is not tax-deductible since it will be used for lobbying.

Thanks for your consideration.

Aki