SCN as a spam problem

David Barts davidb
Wed Sep 17 11:53:02 PDT 1997

allen writes:

> Hmmm.  JJ...last time I looked...unsolicited bulk e-mail is not 'spam',
> 'spam' is an annoyance on usenet...  bulk e-mail is a far different and
> much bigger problem.

True, but let's not get pedantic here.  It may not be the technically
correct term, but many people have been using the term 'spam' to refer
to unsolicited bulk E-mail (UBE for short) for some time now.

--
         David W. Barts (davidb at scn.org) / http://www.scn.org/~davidb
     The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom