Parents/Grandparents Class on Safe Surfing for Kids... (fwd)

Rich Littleton be718 at scn.org
Wed Sep 9 21:36:23 PDT 1998

Bill's message distinguishing between Unix and Freeport and SCN versions
and illustrates the crossroads we are at.

1.	Starting point:  SCN's version of e-mail is difficult.

2.	Can SCN use a different version of Unix (a graphical one?) without
serious upgrade in our system?  That is; will technology allow us to
adjust to an eaiser e-mail program without huge cost, or are we faced with
a fundamental re-structuring of our system which we cannot affort?

3.	What is the mission of SCN?  Free e-mail?  Or what?  I think we
are not sure, and the makes it difficult for us to commit resources ($ and
effort) in a given direction.

Thanks,  Bill