results from Oregon IRS case

Doug Schuler douglas
Thu Feb 11 13:09:13 PST 1999

Here is a note from Barry Forbes (via Steve Snow of Charlotte's Web)
about the Oregon IRS.  I'm not sure how this could possibly affect SCN.
(We'll have to ask our lawyers! :-)  )

-- doug

Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 15:42:00 -0500 (EST)
From: Steve Snow <shsnow at charweb.org>
To: afcn-members at lists.colorado.edu
Subject: Re: IRS & Community Networking (fwd)

Folks,

Here is a note from Barry Forbes regarding the Oregon IRS case.
Apologies for cross-posting. Surely, there will be much more to be said
about this...

steve snow

Barry Forbes wrote more or less:
::
:: To all folks concerned about non-profit community networking:
::
:: I've just heard from Shava Nerad of Oregon Public Networking about their
:: problems with the IRS... And the results are not good. There's a press
:: conference this afternoon and an official press release is on its way. But
:: I'd like to give you a "head's up" on what's happened:
::