Communication re: scn

Barb Weismann bb140 at scn.org
Thu Jan 28 23:28:57 PST 1999

TO Scn Board:
When I go to work, I look in my box and get all my mail and memos and
organizational stuff to read and, everything.

When I "come" to work at SCN, this is what I would have to do if I were to
have the same:
--if I have anything to say about volunteers, discussions, see memos, etc,
I have to go to a newsgroup or forum, I forget what. So don't. (RE:
Joels'recent reply to James, i.e. don't use the email lists.)
--if I want to see the monthly financial report, I have to come to the
Board meeting. (Re: Aki, at this last scna meeting.)
--if I want to read the Board minutes, I have to e mail to Sharma to get
her to write them and post them somewhere. (Re: Gianni? can't remember who
I asked, at meeting.)
--when the Board minutes are posted, they are on the web site, I have to
tour it extensively to remember where.  Don't do it.
--when I get an e mail that says where something is, but it's not added to
the email or attached, I save it in my "todo" folder and never look at it
again.

I am sure there are many others like me.  Basically, if I don't get it on
my desk, which is my email box, I don't receive it. I have to do a lot of
extra work to find it.  The way I feel about this is, you are asking me to
stand up, leave my desk, go find a bulletin board three floors away, and
then maybe it won't be there.  I have to knock on the door of someone I
don't know well, ask them for it, and when they say, hasn't been done yet,
wait, until the next time I want it and have to ask.

Does anyone have any really strong disposition on having all the
above-mentioned things go onto a mail list?  You can either put them on
all the scn lists or you can set up one, for folks who really want
organizational reports.

Please.  You will eliminate lots of raunchy behavior from the masses if
you give us reports in an email list.

If you don't want to respond individually, kindly put this as an item on
your next Board or Excomm agenda.

Barb