Some stats on art333 activity on scn.org

Scot Harkins on SCN.org scoth at scn.org
Wed May 26 17:24:28 PDT 1999

Judging by the number of messages and the relative lack of affect on our
systems I, too, would say it's not worth any further effort at this point
beyond the (already sent) complaint to his (then current) ISP.

As a future reference I would say we go after people who hit us beyond a
certain threshold, such that their messages caused a significant load or
burden on our systems and users.  Repeat attacks, too.  Any kind of DoS
attacks, successful relays (not likely now).

Along the repeat attacks line we should perhaps track notable events like
this for future reference.  If something turns up again within a certain
period of time we can put them together and decide again on whether to take
action.

We aren't very likely to get any money out of this anyway with what we have
and how much work it would take.

Scot

Scot Harkins (KA5KDU) | Systems Administrator, Thurman Ind, Bothell, WA
North Bend, WA        | Native Texan firmly planted in Western Washington
scoth at bigfoot.com     | SCA: Ld. Scot MacFin, Barony of Madrone, An Tir
scoth at scn.org/msn.com | URL <http://www.bigfoot.com/~scoth>